Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The movie is on today on the Family Channel

Watching this movie today on the family channel with my teen daughter. I am teaching her some valuable lessons and getting her thoughts on what happened. I asked her if she felt bad for Bernadette, and she said no. She said "I get teased all the time, and that thought never crosses my mind."

Of course I was glad to hear her say that. As a mother, I feel bad for them both. Both Kirsten and Bernadette. It was just such a tragic situation. I hear from both sides, that Bernadette was so kind, and that Kirsten was so mean. I don't know which is true, but this case continues to fascinate me, and I always cry when Bernadette reads the letter to her mother. At the same time, I'm horrified. I wonder how I would react in that situation if I had a child who committed this type of crime.

No comments: